Monday, October 6, 2014

5 DIY Camping Ideas


October in the South is one of the best times of the year to go camping.  I just went this past weekend and had a wonderful time.  There are so many simple DIY projects you can do to make your next camping trip a lot easier.  Looking for the easy way to make the perfect campfire?  Check out my DIY Fire Starters!



1.  Boxes of matches get broken in the containers I keep all my camping stuff in.  Plus, that little cardboard box will not keep your matches dry.  In just a few simple steps you can solve all these problems and carry a lot of matches with you all in one adorable package.


2.  When you go to the store, all you can find is LED lanterns.  They are bright, sometimes too bright.  This lantern will be great for setting out so you can enjoy the campfire while still having some movable light and it will be the perfect night light if anyone in your party is afraid of the dark.


3.  Spices are expensive, so you don't want to take the whole container with you to have it ruined by the elements or a spill.  Also, the cylinder containers they come in are not exactly a space saving design.  This is your solution.  Take as much of a certain spice as you need and leave the rest at home.  They all stack very neatly in a container.  Now, you just have to make a great meal.


4.  Wasps are the eternal camping problem.  I've made these before, and they really work.  You can even tie (or duct tape) one to a tree to keep it from getting knocked over.  Just make sure to place it somewhere not near people!


5.  I'm always looking for new reusable DIY ice pack ideas.  I hate having to buy so much ice while I'm camping, but everything always melts.  I haven't tried this yet, but this might be a father-daughter project in my future.  If you try it, let me know how it goes.  If this is too intense for you, freezing a gallon of water also works well.  Plus, it means you have cold water once it melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment