Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Stocking Embellishments


I love Christmas stockings.  They come in so many shapes, sizes, colors, etc.  Whatever your decorating theme is, you can find a stocking that fits.  However, I have a few problems with stockings.  First, I like to personalize stockings and personalization options are pretty much limited to color and embroidery when your have a store bought stocking.  Second, if you bought stockings to match a decorating theme and you change your theme a few years down the road, you have to buy all new stockings.  If you have either or both of these problems with stockings, I have the solution of you!  Simply buy plain stocking for everyone in your family.  Then, add removable embellishments.  This allows you to personalize your stockings and change them when necessary with having to buy new stockings.  You can get really creative and make the embellishments into what you like.  If you like mine, keep reading to find out exactly what I did.


I bought plain cream knit stockings.  I took burlap ribbon and sewed (but you could use glue) another ribbon on top.  Then, I wrapped twine around wooden letters and glued the letter to the burlap ribbon combo.  Last, I wrapped the burlap ribbon combo around the top of the stocking and glued the ends together. It stays nicely on top of my stockings without being glued or sewn to the stocking.  This means that I can easily make a different personalized embellishment without having to buy new stockings!


No comments:

Post a Comment